Commercial Printer Ink Supplier & Coatings Solutions
If you use inks and coatings for commercial printing applications, it’s vital to use a commercial printer ink supplier that produces high-quality solutions that will deliver the most robust and visually appealing results. You can ensure the best printing outcomes when you partner with a reliable and experienced commercial printing ink manufacturer.
At Magnum Inks & Coatings, we offer water-based and ultraviolet (UV) inks and coatings for commercial printing services that exude quality and professionalism. As your full-service manufacturer, we can assist you with your printing needs.
Coating Solutions for Commercial Ink Applications
Magnum Inks & Coatings® offers a selection of aqueous (AQ) and UV-curable top coatings and overprints suited for commercial digital and offset/lithographic printing applications. Our products help your printed pieces look their best while offering functional properties that facilitate quick handling through the press.
When you choose us as your commercial ink supplier, you’ll have access to a wide range of commercial printing coating products to serve your individual needs. We offer two primary solutions for commercial printing applications:
- Commercial printing water-based inks and coatings: Our water-based inks and coatings for commercial use are safer and more environmentally friendly than solvent-based solutions due to their many sustainable properties. These aqueous coating digital printing products are recyclable, non-toxic, and emit minimal volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Commercial printing UV inks and coatings: UV inks are cured using ultraviolet light after being applied to the substrate. Our commercial UV ink solutions are abrasion resistant and exude a glossy finish that gives colors a shinier, more brilliant appearance.
Coatings for Litho/Offset
Magnum Inks & Coatings® offers a selection of aqueous and UV-curable coatings for offset/lithographic printing applications. These high-performance commercial printing inks and coating solutions are designed to dry quickly, allowing for increased productivity and faster turnaround for your company. Our “work and turn” products help your printed pieces look their best while providing a wide variety of functional properties.
When you use our CommCoat™ solutions, you can expect consistent, comprehensive coverage with dependable scuff and set-off resistance. Our commercial ink solutions are compatible with paper and film substrates and are available for custom formulation. All of our aqueous coatings are suitable for both gluing and printing.
Our CommCoat™ aqueous coatings for lithograph and offset printing include the following press-ready finishes:
- Gloss: Our CommCoat AQ gloss coating is specially formulated to deliver a high-gloss finish to give your printed products a spectacular shine.
- Matte: Our aqueous, matte coatings offer a smoother appearance than an uncoated sheet and deliver exceptional image contrast with minimal glare.
- Satin: You can purchase our CommCoat AQ satin coatings for a reliable protective finish that exudes eye-catching visual appeal for offset printed products.
- Low-curl: These low-curl water-based coatings are designed for lightweight substrates. They deliver excellent scuff resistance to commercial lithographic printing inks and maintain a flat substrate profile.
- Soft feel: This innovative coating for commercial printing applications enhances your printed product colors while providing a velvety texture that’s soft to the touch.
Coatings for Hard-to-coat Digital Inks
Magnum InkLock coatings have been designed to coat over hard-to-coat digital inks. These coatings give you the ability to lay down a smooth, even film that resists scratching, allowing you to deliver that fantastic printed piece for your customer no matter how challenging the
We tested each of our commercial digital printing coatings in our Middletown, Ohio, facility on digitally printed samples at 12 billion cubic microns (BCM) for gloss, rub, and viscosity. We offer five types of UV coatings for hard-to-coat digital inks:
- PIPW 6090: This UV gloss coating tested for 84 gloss units (GU) and a 20-poise viscosity with a rub-resistance index of 2,000. It is compatible with Canon and Ricoh products.
- PIPW 5996: Our digital gloss coating has a viscosity of 24 poise, 2,000 rub resistance, and an 80 GU rating. You can use this product with Konica or MGI printers.
- PIPW 6002: This UV coating measures 15 GU, making it an excellent matte option. It hits 200 on the rub-resistance index and has a 17-poise viscosity. Our PIPW 6002 coatings are supported by Konica and MGI printers.
- PIPW 6244: This UV digital gloss coating has a GU rating of 90, making it your high-gloss solution. This HP-compatible coating has a 16-poise viscosity and a rub resistance index of 2,000.
- PIPW 3216: This 14-GU matte coating for HP printers offers a viscosity of 20 poise with 2,000 rub resistance. It is also printable and glueable.
Request product information
You Might Also Like the following:
VioClean™ Ink Dissolver
VioClean™ is the solution to all your ink-dissolving needs. Due to its unique mixture of surfactants and pH builders, this noncaustic, alkaline dissolver breaks down flexographic inks on contact to prevent re-deposition. This non-hazardous solution is a green alternative for your packaging facility, producing low VOC emissions.
Our concentrated cleaner removes water-based and UV inks and coatings from virtually any surface on or around your press. VioClean pumps through your entire press system to prevent the ink from clogging the anilox cells and pumps. It sinks deep into these components, rewets any
dried ink and expels it.
Minimize your press downtime with this powerful, easy-to-use solution that cleans quickly and safely.
Benefits of Commercial Printing Fast-Drying Inks from Magnum
When you come to Magnum Inks & Coatings for your commercial digital printing needs, you’ll enjoy all the advantages of our cutting-edge products and services. Our printing inks and coatings exhibit superior quality and performance, plus the following characteristics:
- Superb adhesion to multiple substrates: Our commercial printing inks reliably adhere to a wide range of substrates to fit your printing and packaging needs.
- Low-odor formulations: Inks and coatings from Magnum emit minimal odors, offering an enhanced user and product experience.
- Scratch and scuff resistance: Our commercial printing UV and water-based products resist scuffs and scratches, delivering long-lasting results.
- Minimal maintenance: You can use our commercial coating products to facilitate long print runs with minimal maintenance needs.
- Freeze-thaw resistance: Magnum commercial ink products resist freezing in low temperatures.
Why Choose Magnum Inks & Coatings as Your Commercial Coating Manufacturer?
Magnum Inks & Coatings is an Ohio-based UV-cured and water-based inks and coatings manufacturer. We’ve spent over a decade providing our customers with American-made products and custom solutions, establishing us as a market leader in delivering superior products and services. We hold our products to the highest quality and safety standards by subjecting them to vigorous testing and continuous process improvements.
When you work with us, you can expect leading-edge products and technical services to be delivered to you promptly. We provide fast turnaround times and superior speed to market with our next-day and same-day shipping capabilities. Whether you’re located next door, across the country, or halfway around the globe, you’ll receive the support you expect from a local partner when you choose Magnum Inks & Coatings.
Invest in Commercial-Grade Printing Services and Products from Magnum Today
You’ll find top-of-the-line commercial ink solutions to serve your digital printing needs at Magnum Inks & Coatings. As a top printing ink supplier in the United States, you can expect innovative, top-quality products paired with exceptional customer service when you come to us for inks and coatings. As members of reputable organizations like the American Independent Corrugated Companies (AICC), Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI), and Flexographic Technical Association (FTA), we’re the industry leaders you can trust.
Please contact us for more information or to discuss your specific needs.