Corrugated Printing Inks and Coatings for Cardboard Boxes and Plastic
Printing on corrugated boxes and linerboard has evolved significantly over the last few decades, primarily because of the advances in flexographic press equipment and printing inks. Many companies depend on high-quality inks and coatings to make their products stand out and provide an edge over their competition. High-end corrugated displays in grocery stores and retail outlets are great examples of today’s innovative capabilities, often featuring corrugated material printed with multiple colors.
Magnum Inks & Coatings offers an extensive range of inks and coatings to accommodate your corrugated printing needs, from economy inks for simple brown boxes to specialized formulas for advanced graphics. Whether your project requires one-color printing on a kraft liner or several colors on a mottled white substrate, we can deliver a superior solution with a precise color match.
Water-Based Inks for Corrugated Linerboard and Boxes
We formulate our advanced water-based inks to offer a worry-free printing experience while meeting the high demands and industry standards of corrugated packaging. Our inks deliver consistent, clear graphics and vivid colors across an extensive range of linerboard materials and substrates. Our comprehensive, in-house lab enables us to accurately and quickly match custom colors to various systems like Pantone® and the Glass Container Manufacturers Institute.
Types of aqueous inks and coatings in our corrugated product line include:
- Standard: A highly versatile solution for your everyday corrugated printing needs.
- Display: These formulas deliver outstanding printing with vibrant colors for display-quality packaging applications.
- Economy: These inks offer an economical alternative without sacrificing printability or color accuracy.
In addition, we also supply fast-drying rod coatings and inks for digital printing on corrugated boxes and preprint applications with excellent scuff and heat resistance. Our SimMottled opaque white and CorrWhite waxable white coatings provide a smooth preprinted base for secondary printing and finishing applications.
Why Choose Our Corrugated Printing Ink and Coatings?
Magnum Inks & Coatings is an industry-leading manufacturer of specialized inks and coatings for various applications, including linerboard, corrugated boxes, flexible packaging, web labeling, and commercial printing operations. Located in Ohio, we have provided clients nationwide with advanced printing solutions and top-class customer support for years. Our expert team aims to help our clients produce the highest-quality printed materials by offering unmatched technical advice and equipment expertise.
Top Corrugated Printing FAQs
- How to print on corrugated plastic? The first tip to successfully print on corrugated plastic is to use the correct ink. At Magnum Inks & Coatings, we create high-quality ink for printing on corrugated plastic. Once you have the right ink and printer to get the job done, you can begin the printing process. Here are the steps you will follow:
- Select your artwork
- Ensure you set your print mode to corrugated plastic
- Load your corrugated plastic into the printer following the loading process
- Print the corrugated plastic sign using corrugated plastic ink
- Cut and mount as desired
- How to print on corrugated boxes? Again, when it comes to printing on corrugated boxes, having the right ink and printer is critical. Magnum Inks & Coatings has durable corrugated printing ink to make printing on corrugated boxes easier. Once you have the correct materials, you will need to take the following steps:
- Choose your printing method: flexographic, lithographic, or digital
- Choose your artwork
- Ensure you are following all steps for the printing method you selected
SimMottled Opaque White Coating
Magnum Inks & Coatings introduces SimMottled Opaque White Coating. A revolutionary new product that is more opaque and a cleaner white than conventional mottled white paper, giving colors printed flexographically on our SimMottled White Opaque Coating a brighter, cleaner appearance.
Magnum’s SimMottled Opaque White Coating can be applied to Kraft paper via a rod coater and is an economical and cost-effective solution.
Request product information
VioClean™ Ink Dissolver
Magnum Inks & Coatings’ VioClean™ Ink Dissolver removes UV inks and water-based coatings from almost any surface on your equipment or around your press area. This easy-to-use, specialized formula helps minimize maintenance and cleanup time with fast results.
Magnum's ReInk Program
If you have unused ink sitting on your floor and want to reorganize your printing area, consider our ReInk™ program. We will take your excess corrugated printing inks and coatings and recycle them, helping you offset the costs and fees of disposal.
Connect With the Experts at Magnum Inks & Coatings Today
If you want to learn more about how our corrugated printing inks and coatings can benefit your company, the professionals at Magnum Inks & Coatings can guide you. We’ll help you evaluate your printing processes to determine the optimal formulas for your specific needs. Call 877.749.7942 or contact us online today to learn more.